Monday, February 8, 2016

Colours

Mom does not connect things properly.  It is part of the disease.  It's almost like there are missing connectors.  Some days are better than others.  Today, she may know that we are related but tomorrow she might think I'm her sister.  And she won't know her other daughter.  Or she will ask when my Dad will come home (he's been dead for 5 years).

Colours have become more and more important to her as she is still able to see things that are the same but she can't she how they are connected.  I'm not sure if I am making any sense. Let me give you an example.

I try to stimulate her on a daily basis.  She can't watch TV because she can't follow the story line but last year I came across these great puzzles; the ones with the large pieces; I get them at the Dollar Store.  They are for pre-school age children but she doesn't know the difference and they entertain her for about 30-40 minutes usually when I am cooking or trying to clean up.  I try not to overwhelm her so I give her 4 or 5 pieces at a time and all the same colour ... she does not look at the picture and try to put it together that way, but she looks at the colours.  When she is done that group, she happily tells me, and I give her a few more pieces usually in another colour.

She is cute as a button ... really she is.


No comments:

Post a Comment