Saturday, February 6, 2016

New Shoes

In the Fall of 2015, Mom was tested and they told me that she has the mental age of 6 or 7. I hope you will understand and appreciate that these stories are meant to reflect the joy of caring for her and the laughter we share on a regular basis.  They are not intended to mock her or be hurtful in any way shape or form.

Mom:  oh I love these shoes
Moi:  really, why is that
Mom:  they make my feet look smaller (she has size 11 feet - I know)
Moi:  ahh.
Next Day
Mom:  oh I love these shoes
Moi:  really - I bet you I know why
Mom:  why
Moi:  Because they make your feet look smaller
Mom:  How did you know
Giggle, giggle, giggle.

Repetition and saying the same thing over and over again can be annoying and frustrating.  She has no idea she is repeating herself.  I listen and respond just like she is telling me something for the very first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment